Sunshine Executive Search has been retained for a APBU SE Asia Project Development Manager role with one of the world's largest solar company based in China. Please kindly see the details below.
Position: APBU Project Development Manager – SE Asia (regional coverage) Job Level: Manager Base place: Flexible. Preference for: (1) Bangkok, Thailand Reporting line: Project Development Director Gender: No preference Expected on-boarding date: ASAP and before June 29, 2018 Responsible region: Thailand & Rest of Southeast Asia Targeted company (if any): N/A Budget: THB 1.5-1.8M/ year
● Actively seek out new opportunities for distributed generation (DG) solar and micro-grid project opportunitiesfor investment and EPC opportunities; grid-connected utility-scale projects are also within scopehowever primary focus will be on DG and microgrid; review opportunities and develop appropriate strategies for such opportunities; ● Identify and engage project development and execution partners, negotiate or support the negotiation of partnership agreements and project-level commercial transactions; ● Perform due diligence and investigate on background info and specs for the project, resource and rooftop/site assessment, interconnection issues, feasibility studies, environmental and risk assessment, secure land through land lease agreement or purchase ● Define project scope, budget, execution strategies, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders. ● Analyze economic, regulatory and demographic factors which impact upon the project development and formalize project documentations and other required arrangements, such as TOR, tender documents, specifications, etc. ● Direct and manage project development from beginning to end. Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables. Assist with project financing as required. ● Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Pro-actively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans. ● Support internal team members and contractors; support them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. This extends to both EPC and O&M work. ● Build and maintain good relationships with potential project partners, BOS supply partners, banks, finance partners, lawyers and project developers, government and regulatory bodies and other relevant market participants. ● Participate in meetings with government and regulatory stakeholders to influence decisions and secure opportunities for growing the business. Prepare proposals and presentations in line with company’s strategy and business interest. ● Participate in trade-shows, workshops or other relevant events to promote business interest and develop new project opportunities.
Job requirements: ● Depending on level:
○ Manager: ■ Minimum of 6 years of solar industry business development experiences, 3 years project development experience with an internationally major/reputable development/EPC company. ○ Supervisor: ■ Minimum of 4 years’ experience
○ Thai (native) most likely in successful candidates; English (fluent) mandatory
● Proven and demonstrated proactive business development market participant; understands our business model, how we create value, what our missions is, and willing to go into the market and find relevant partners and projects (if Manager, can do this independently; if Supervisor, will require more guidance, but must have the proactive attitude and aptitude to perform this work with guidance) ● Sound knowledge of PPA and EPC contract. ● Bachelor degree and above, preferred majors include electrical engineering, civil engineering, business administration, finance/investment.
Explanation of special abbreviation:
● O&M: Operation & Maintenance ● BOS: Balance of System ● TOR: Terms of reference
If you are a qualified candidate and willing to try applying this position, send your English CV to [email protected]